Tuesday 11 September 2012

*Story Time* My first Lolita dress.....

I remember it so well.....I was 16 back in 2006 and I was about to order my very first Lolita dress.
I discovered the wonderful world called "eBay" and I had no clue about the reality of stock pictures or Japanese Lolita-Fashion brands in general.
Not to mention to read feedback -___-'
So I asked my mum or I could order the cutest dress I could find:


Let me tell you that I had no idea back then that this dress (stock picture) was from Angelic Pretty.
I knew the brand existed but....yeah....noob noob noob 
So I gave this person my measurements and I had to wait about 3 months before I finally got it in.

.......and that was the horror.......

I wasn't home when the package arrived but my mother accepted it and told me the dress was packed in the smallest box she ever saw and she could not believe that this actual dress could fit in there.
So when I came home I saw the dress i.r.l. and tried it on.
The fabric was a very sheer and cheap feeling chiffon and the rachel lace....brrrr even thinking about it makes me shiver.
I'm a tall girl (179 cm) but this dress was made for a giant so I had to take it in for about 20 cm....
And now you're curious on how the dress looked like....don't you????
Well behold......

>.< I made a great Ita....didn't I???? 
Why black shoes under a pink dress whyyyy T____T

So not short after realizing this was not what I expected I became one of the pickiest and perfectionistic Lolita's out there.....I discovered how to order from Baby,the Stars Shine Bright a year later and with the help from other picky Lolita's I got out of my Ita-fase pretty quick!
I lived by the little Lolita rules till this day....

I hope I entertained you a little with my past ignorance...and maybe some of you learned a wise lesson XD






No comments:

Post a Comment