Tuesday 6 November 2012

Alter a Lolita Top (DIY Tutorial)

I'm so sorry it took me long for another blog update, but I've been so busy lately and can't find the time to put all the work in it that I want to put into a blog post so I prefer not updating at all instead of an ugly blog ^___^


So a while ago I got myself a brand new BtSSB Lolita summer top from Closet Child but unfortunately the straps where to short so I had an idea on how to alter this cute top so it would fit me.

This is how it looked like, as you can see the straps are very very short!

Make sure you handle the fabric with care and don't alter brand clothing when you are not sure if it will turn out right. Practice on a piece of old clothing if you must.

To alter a top you will need:

♥ The top you want to alter
♥ A pair of fabric scissors 
♥ Yarn and a needle or a Sewingmachine
♥ A seam ripper 
♥ 3 meter of ribbon

First you use your seam ripper to rip the straps on the back loose from the top, like this:

Cut the 3 meter of ribbon into 4 even traps.

And sew the one strap to each strap of the top and one on each side of the top where the original strap used to be attached.


Tie the straps together in a bow en secure them with some yarn. Make sure to keep the straps as long as you need for your arm to fit true them.

And your done!!!
Now you got an unique piece of clothing and off course you can alter them the way you like it the best!

Finished result (Front & Back):





I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!!!

I will be leaving for holiday by the end of this month so there will be no blog entries for quite a while!
Sorry ;___; 







3 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks very cute! :D And it is also a very smart way to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really smart indeed! I like it, it looks great! Well done, and really clear and simple diy tutorial ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good idea!

    ReplyDelete